Gaia Enviro Pty Ltd ABN 52 663 768 750 (“Gaia EnviroTech” and “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information and sensitive information which it collects and holds.
- the kinds of information that Gaia EnviroTech may collect about you and how that information is held;
- how Gaia EnviroTech collects and holds personal information;
- the purposes for which Gaia EnviroTech collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information;
- the way in which you can complain about a breach of your privacy; and
- how you can access the personal information Gaia EnviroTech holds about you and seek to correct such information.
In general, we collect and store two types of information:
- Information (including personal information) that you and other people associated with your organization choose to enter into our systems. This includes names and e mail addresses.
- Non-personal information associated with your transactions with our systems.
How we hold your information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures. There are many information security risks that we can’t manage and therefore your should take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
How we use your information
We may use your information:
- To provide products and services to you, to assist you with inquiries or purchases, or to provide you with better service.
- To administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe us.
- To gain an understanding of your needs, to perform research and analysis, and to improve or develop our products and services
- To monitor system use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems.
Gaia EnviroTech will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected by Gaia EnviroTech (primary purpose), unless:
a. there is another purpose (secondary purpose) and that secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect, or the Gaia EnviroTech has informed you, that your information will be used for that secondary purpose;
b. you have given your consent for your personal information to be used for a secondary purpose; or
c. Gaia EnviroTech is required or authorised by law to use your personal information for a secondary purpose.
Information we share
Gaia EnviroTech will confine its disclosure of your personal information to the primary purpose for which that information has been collected, or for a related secondary purpose. This includes when disclosure is necessary to help us manage, conduct and oversee the Gaia EnviroTech business, or for security reasons.
We may provide your personal information to:
- third parties contracted to provide services to Gaia EnviroTech, such as entities contracted to assist in accreditation or survey processes;
- anyone authorised by you to receive your personal information (your consent may be express or implied);
- anyone Gaia EnviroTech is required by law to disclose your personal information to.
Handling of email addresses
We do not and will not share, sell or otherwise intentionally disclose email addresses you enter or store in Gaia EnviroTech to anyone unless we receive your express written permission to do so or you have engaged with Gaia EnviroTech through one of our approved partners, in which case email addresses will be disclosed to that partner. The restriction includes disclosing email addresses to other members of your organization, even if they have an account in the same Gaia EnviroTech Account.
We will never use email addresses you store in the system to contact your employees (ie: non-Administrator accounts) unless:
- it is a system-generated email provided as part of the functionality of Gaia EnviroTech (for example assessment reminders and password reset requests);
- the employee contacts the Gaia EnviroTech support team and requires a response; or
- there is an exceptional need relating to the use of Gaia EnviroTech (for example a security concern, an error event, or other unexpected behavior).
Links to other sites
Gaia EnviroTech may provide links to third party websites. These linked sites may not be under our control and Gaia EnviroTech is not responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by those websites. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we recommend that you carefully read the terms and conditions of use and privacy statement of the relevant website.
Further information or to make a complaint
You have a right to access your personal information which the Gaia EnviroTech holds about you. If you make a request to access your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity and specify the information you require.
You can also request an amendment to any of your personal information if you consider that it contains inaccurate information.
While Gaia EnviroTech aims to meet all requests for access to personal information, in a small number of cases and where necessary and permitted to do so by law, Gaia EnviroTech may not give access or may do so only under conditions.
Subject to applicable laws, Gaia EnviroTech may destroy records containing personal information when the record is no longer required by Gaia EnviroTech.
Downloadthe Diary Effluent Case study
The system in this case study was installed in November 2018 as a 12-month research and development project to establish viability of an anaerobic digestion plant designed to convert dairy effluent to energy and minimise odour.
You have Successfully Subscribed!